(Check back often for more activities to come!)
Join the Door County Virtual Pet Walk Challenge this summer!
We know that events this year look a little different, but that won’t stop us from celebrating the animals we love, and coming together in spirit to support the animals in our community who need us.
Here’s everything you need to know about Virtual Pet Walk:
This summer, we’re going to prove it’s possible to be together even when we’re apart. Here’s how:
Walk Your Way
- Between July 13 and September 12, we're inviting animal lovers to register and collect donations, and then choose a day to step outside and walk in your neighborhood, along one of the beautiful Door County beaches, or on a treadmill, in honor of homeless animals in Door County.
- Together we'll show that nothing can stop us from walking for animals who need us.
- Show us how you’re walking! Take a photo and share it with the hashtag #petwalkdoorcounty and tag us at @doorcountyhumane.
What do I wear for my Pet Walk?
- Whatever you want! If you have a WHS T-shirt, feel free to show off your WHS pride, otherwise snap a photo of you and your pup with one of our virtual race bibs! Let's be honest, we all know your pup is the real star of the show, right?
- Please mail all cash or check donations you received while fundraising to WHS in a clearly marked envelope, including your name, to:
|Wisconsin Humane Society Door County Campus
ATTN: Pet Walk
3475 Park Dr.
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
- Check out all of the prizes you can earn by fundraising for the animals, including the 2020 Pet Walk hoodie! You will have until September 12 to meet your goals.
Remind me, what's a virtual walk?
It's a walk on your own terms! Whether you walk around the block, around the entire neighborhood, or walk in place on your treadmill, you'll be making a difference for animals. You'll be part of a virtual movement of animal lovers who are all walking (or running) to support the animals who need our help.
Why is Pet Walk 2020 virtual?
In response to COVID-19 concerns about the health and safety of our community, staff and volunteers, the Wisconsin Humane Society (WHS) will be hosting the 2020 Pet Walk virtually.
This means we’re inviting animal lovers to join us virtually July 13 through September 12 for a walk or run in their neighborhood or even on a treadmill, to support WHS.
Pet Walk is one of the largest fundraisers of the year for WHS, and going “virtual” does not change the importance of such a community-supported event. We're counting on our supporters now more than ever to ensure that we can continue to provide lifesaving care to the animals who need us most.
While we may not be physically walking together this summer, we can still stand together to support the needs of animals and their families, especially during this difficult time. Animal lovers like you can still change lives by supporting this year’s Virtual Pet Walk.