THERE IS MORE TO BE DONE. With your help, we've already provided nearly 1,000,000 nutritious meals to families, 25,000 hours of child care for essential workers, 100,000 pounds of groceries to homebound seniors, 20,000 showers and supply kits to those who are homeless, and nearly 3,000 pints of blood to patients in need. As we look to the rest of 2020, we know there will be challenges to face:
- More families will need scholarships to give children summer day camp experiences and, once the school year begins, daily care and educational enrichment.
- More young people will need equitable access to programs, in-person and virtual, to support their mental, physical, and social well-being.
- Teens from across the region are calling out for a way to make positive change, and the Y's new, LA County-focused Teens & Government program will open the doors to the assembly and statehouse to them.
- And throughout the foreseeable future, more of our community members will need help with the basics, including food, supplies, showers, and referrals to vital systems of care.
As we have been for nearly 140 years, the Y will be here, just as we have been through the Great Depression, through the dawning of the Civil Rights Movement, and through past periods of civil unrest in the struggle towards justice.
In June, we successfully completed a $5 million emergency community impact fund. Thank you for your part in that. Now, to support the Y's ability to remain the bedrock of our communities, we are poised to launch a new $5 million campaign for direct program impact through the rest of 2020, because THERE’S MORE TO BE DONE in these areas and beyond:
– bridging the digital divide (internet access for all)
– supporting distance learning for school-age youth
– offering access to mental health care
– providing job assistance
– ensuring everyone is counted (census)
– responding to emergency needs (food, showers, blood)
– creating, continuing, and strengthening connectivity
We request your involvement, both in giving and by sharing our new campaign.
Together We Make Possible Happen.