Make your own gift & personalize your participant center.
Your registration fee is a tax-deductible donation. Donating to your own climb in any amount lets people know that you’re committed to the YMCA cause!
Don't forget to set up your personal participant center.
Your participant center is your tool box. You’ll be able to update your personal fundraising page with your own photos and stories, send emails to friends and family, and track your progress.
You’ll be surprised how willing people are to support a cause when asked. If you’re passionate and excited about the YMCA's cause and the Stair Climb itself, sharing that with others will inspire them to support you. Use the following tools to spread the word, and ask those who have supported you to share with their friends and family as well.
- Email: be sure to use the email tab in your participant center. You can add contacts, and utilize one of the templates we’ve created to help you get started. Or, write your own email and send it to friends, family, and coworkers.
- Social Media: Post about training to climb and helping to change lives for the better.
- Share your goals: let people know both your fundraising goal, and your physical goal for the climb.
- Storytelling: If you or someone close to you has benefited from the YMCA, be sure to tell the story!
- Add an email signature: Promote your Stair Climb participation by adding a link to your fundraising page in your email signature.
- Ask about matching gifts: Check to see if your employer has a matching gift program, and ask friends and family who donate to check with their employers as well!
- The Water Cooler: Get your co-workers involved! If they're not already participating, they can always support you and the Y's community programs by sponsoring your climb.
- The gift that keeps on giving: Instead of asking friends for gifts on your birthday, ask them to donate to your Stair Climb fundraising. Talk about good birthday karma!
- Donations Great and Small: Every dollar counts – challenge yourself to get a specific amount of donations in a short time frame and ask friends to help. For example, post on Facebook that you’re trying to get 10 donations in 2 hours – every donation counts, regardless of dollar amount!
Thank Your Donors
- Send a personalized thank you to everyone who makes a contribution in your name. Your participant page makes it easy to do!
- Use social media to spotlight those who have donated to your climb - acknowledging friends and family publicly is a nice way to thank them, and a great way to remind others that you’re climbing for a cause!