Welcome to My Fundraising Page
Stepping Up For A Cause
As you may know I’ve been an active board member of the Collins & Katz Family YMCA in WLA for the past nine years. During the pandemic, even though our doors were closed, we carried out some very meaningful community services . Even though things have opened up, we continue to provide many community services .
Below is a list of the YMCA's engagment in our community:
1. A weekly food distribution continues each Thursday. We've provided over 250,000 meals to date. We currently provide groceries and produce to about 150 recipients each week
2. The C&K YMCA provided free memberships to teens over the summer and have a room designated for youth to use for various activities. There are a couple hundred students signed up for this program
3. This summer, Kids were back at camp and the Y sponsored many kids who had never left the city to attend camp up at Big Bear Lake.
4. The C&K family YMCA continues to be a site for American Red Cross blood drives where we have made a huge impact.
5. The Youth in Government program has teen delegates who gather weekly over the seven-month program period to discuss and debate issues facing their communities and to work together to create potential, policy-based solutions. During the course, delegates write bills and select governmental positions to role play. The program culminates with a five-day Model Legislature and Court at the California State Capitol in Sacramento.
6. The water safety program brings children from our local elementary schools who cannot swim and teaches them water safety skills.
7. We provide schools without Physical education programs instructors so that students have meaningful PE.
8. We provide membership scholarships and reduced rates for those in need.
Membership dues collected help to maintain the facility, but your donations are really what drives our community services.
I will be participating in the Stair Climb for Los Angeles again this year on September 30 . Last year was at LA coliseum. This year, it's back at the much more challenging 75 story US Bank tower (tallest staircase west of the Mississippi) No up and down this time. I'm really going to have to work for it! I hope you will sponsor me as a way of donating to the C&K YMCA. To donate, please click on the blue 'Donate Now' button.
I f you have any problems, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks very much for your support!!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.