Citizens Bank Park
Walk Check-in: 10:00 AM
Walk Start: 11:00 AM
Important Update from our Walk to Defeat ALS Staff
Message from your Coordinators
We are thrilled you are joining us for the Philadelphia Walk to Defeat ALS Presented by Hatfield Meats!
On Saturday, November 19, 2022, we look forward to celebrating the Walk to Defeat ALS with you at Citizens Bank Park.
Check-in will start at 10 AM on Saturday, November 19, and the walk will begin at 11 AM after the Opening Ceremony. Team Captains, please collect any donations from your team and drop them at the Registration Tent when you pick up your 2022 Team Captain pin. Walkers who registered online and do not have donations to turn in DO NOT need to check-in.
Parking is available in lots S, T, and U (marked in purple) for participants of the Walk to Defeat ALS. Parking is free in these lots. Please avoid parking in the southern part of lot S (marked in red), as another event will be setting up their tents that morning.
If you do not feel comfortable attending an in-person Walk, we encourage you to host your own Mini-Walk wherever you call home! Send us an email with your plans and raise $1,000 to receive a Walk Box. Walk Boxes will feature a variety of items, from cowbells to Unlock ALS keys. To receive your Walk Box by Walk Day, raise $1,000.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have ANY questions!
Below are some helpful links and tips to get you started!
Your go-to guide for everything Walk related. It contains interesting ideas, helpful tips, and chapter contact information.
My Walk Supporters Pledge Sheet
Print this worksheet out and keep track of your donations!
Are you mailing your donations to The ALS Association before the Walk? Help them out and fill out a deposit slip!
Fundraising tools at your fingertips
We've Gone Mobile!
Your fundraising has gone mobile thanks to the Walk to Defeat ALS mobile & tablet app. Now you can fundraise on the go by sending emails, monitoring your fundraising progress and updating your page.
Only participants who've raised $90 by October 12th will get a t-shirt on Walk Day.
This benefit is awarded to individuals, not teams or donors, so make sure the donations to your personal fundraising record add up! In addition to working toward one for yourself, you should spread the word to encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to earn their very own shirt.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I can no longer make the new date of Saturday, November 19th. What should I do? If you can no longer attend the Walk, we understand and apologize for the change outside of our control. Instead, challenge your team to raise $1,000 by November 7th to receive a Walk-in-a-Box. Walk Boxes are a fun and unique way to bring the Walk to Defeat ALS experience to your neighborhood. The boxes include noise-makers, "Walking for" pennants, Unlock ALS Keys, and more!
- In addition to the date change, will there be any other schedule changes? Our Walk Staff is not expecting any other changes to the Walk to Defeat ALS schedule. On Saturday, November 19th, check-in will start at 10:00 AM and the Walk will begin at 11:00 AM.
- Where should I park? Parking is available in lots S, T and U for participants of the Walk to Defeat ALS. Parking is free in these lots. Please avoid parking in the southern part of lot S, as another event will be setting up their tents in the morning.
- Can I bring my dog? Unfortunately, no. Dogs are not permitted on Citizens Bank Park property and therefore not invited to the event. The only exception is certified service dogs.
- Does every participant receive a commemorative Walk t-shirt? Only participants who fundraise $90 or more by the October 12 deadline will receive a 2022 Walk to Defeat ALS commemorative t-shirt.
- What if it rains? Bring your umbrella! The Walk to Defeat ALS is rain or shine.
- Can I bring my own snacks? Please do! Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will have limited pre-packaged snacks and water but cannot provide as many goodies as we have in years past. You are welcome to bring whatever food or drink you'd like. Alcohol is not permitted on Citizens Bank Park property.
Make sure you become of a fan of our Chapter on Facebook to receive information about fundraising contests, shout outs to outstanding teams and walkers, and important Walk Day details!