Holiday Cocktail Mixology with Erin Petrey, ESIA BA '08
Join alumna Erin R. Petrey, ESIA BA ’08 - back by popular demand! - to learn how to become the master of your own home bar! Together we will learn how to make two delightful holiday cocktails, as well as learn why we use various techniques for these drinks. We will also learn about bar tools and how to stock your bar! At the end of the demo, we will open up to Q&A for all of your cocktail queries!
The class will begin promptly at 7:30pm EST/4:30pm PST and is open to all alumni, however space is limited. This event is being offered as part of the GW Foodies event series.
Cocktails You Will Learn:
- The F Street Flip
- Ginger Margarita
- Bourbon or Rye
- Rich Simple Syrup (make ahead): Boil 1/2 cup water, dissolve in 1 cup sugar. Allow to cool. Store in fridge.
- Half + Half, Heavy Cream, or equivalent non-dairy substitute
- 1 Egg
- Nutmeg (whole fresh or ground)
- Tequila (blanco or reposado)
- 2 Limes
- Rich Simple Syrup (recipe above)
- Fresh Ginger
- Optional: candied ginger for garnish
- Paring knife (any small knife works)
- Cutting board
- Dish towel
- Jigger, shot glass, or tablespoon
- Strainer (Hawthorne preferred, any fine mesh strainer works)
- Cocktail shaker or jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Muddler or mixing spoon with blunt end
- Lots of ice!
- 2 Rocks or Coupe glasses (any short or stemmed glass will do!)
This event will take place via Zoom. Access details will be provided closer to the event date.