ABOUT THE RICHSTONE FAMILY CENTER
WHO WE ARE
Richstone Family Center is one of the most progressive centers for trauma-focused treatment and the prevention of child abuse in Los Angeles County and the first Southern California recipient of a Blue Ribbon Affiliate designation from Parents as Teachers, recognizing Richstone's commitment to providing quality services to kids and their families.
Richstone’s programs protect children by building stable and healthy families and decreasing violence in families, schools and communities. They provide a safe-haven for those that might otherwise never receive appropriate treatment.
Demand for programs continues to grow with a new case of child abuse being reported every 10 seconds.
WHO WE SERVE
Children and families from communities in L.A. County’s South Bay and neighboring South L.A. areas.
WHAT YOUR DONATIONS WILL FUND
Richstone’s comprehensive prevention, early intervention, and treatment programs are offered in both English and Spanish to address the needs of the community and prevent violence, enable healing and help end the cycle of abuse. Below are the types of programs your donations will fund.
- Individual and family therapy, home visits, support groups and case management for children and families
- Early childhood education programs
- After-school enrichment programs for at-risk youth
- Supervised visitations
- Fatherhood program training dads to better communicate with their kids and be strong male role models
- Abuse prevention education programs in the community
- Parenting classes
- Anger management classes for adolescents and adults
- Social skills groups for adolescents
- Teen dating violence prevention workshops
- Substance abuse awareness classes for parents and children
- Expanded trauma-focused treatment, health and wellness programs for children and adults, launched using a recent $1M grant from the Everychild Foundation